Monday, September 24, 2007

Amazing

One word: WOW! WOW! WOW!

Okay, that’s actually three words. I can’t help it though. Yesterday was a WOW day for me. I continue to be amazed at the generosity, passion, and vision of the people in our church. We made one announcement, sent one email, and wrote a couple of entries on our blog about our desire to provide school supplies for 33 schools in dire need in Baghdad. The result: we are sending a boatload of school supplies to Army Chaplain Bryan Smith stationed there. Boy, is he going to be “WOWED,” not to mention the students who will now have crayons, notebooks, paper, and other supplies. (The photo captures the supplies just in our overflow room. We had to create room here since the bins were filling up.) More details on the school supply drive will be on the blog throughout the week. I promise.

Yesterday was also a WOW because of the baptisms in the services. Are you kidding me? The stories of life change were amazing. God is on the move in our community in massive ways. These stories were yet another example of this.

Louie’s message on Hope was one of the best I’ve ever heard. Thanks for inviting your friends. I heard so many stories of unchurched friends and family members who came to Buckhead for the first time yesterday. What a great Sunday for them to be there.

And as if that weren’t enough, I had the privilege of teaching the Bible story in UpStreet yesterday at 11:00 a.m. I’m so grateful to our volunteers and staff who pull off this amazing environment for elementary-aged children each Sunday. It truly is a WOW moment for me as a dad to see my daughter engaged in worship and hearing truths from Scripture.

That’s enough from me. I would like to hear your comments about yesterday—from school supplies to Hope to whatever. What did you learn, experience, and resonate with? Click comment and let us know.

Thanks again for a great Sunday.


Jeff

Jeff Henderson
Campus Director


Click Here for past messages